just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Simon Warburton
Life on Mars, Spandau Ballet, the Fiat 500 - it seems consumers of 2009 are bombarded almost daily with retro echoes from twenty and thirty years ago. But how do food retailers concretely tap into this nostalgia for a modern audience? Garnering empirical data for the trend is still at an embryonic stage and will become a crucial tool to maintain the trend once the recession ends. Using updated advertising and harking back to old-fashioned childhood reminisces are also key, but so is new media as Simon Warburton reports.
Delhaize opened its second pilot Red Market store in the Belgian town of Andenne today (23 October).
Retail group Auchan has taken its primary steps into the Middle East with the opening of its first store in Dubai.
Convenience food group Univeg is remaining tight-lipped as to suggestions it might go public in two years.
Groupe Casino has opened a hypermarket in France aimed squarely at female consumers in the massive Odysseum complex in the city of Montpellier.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report