just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Simon Warburton
Life on Mars, Spandau Ballet, the Fiat 500 - it seems consumers of 2009 are bombarded almost daily with retro echoes from twenty and thirty years ago. But how do food retailers concretely tap into this nostalgia for a modern audience? Garnering empirical data for the trend is still at an embryonic stage and will become a crucial tool to maintain the trend once the recession ends. Using updated advertising and harking back to old-fashioned childhood reminisces are also key, but so is new media as Simon Warburton reports.
Delhaize opened its second pilot Red Market store in the Belgian town of Andenne today (23 October).
Retail group Auchan has taken its primary steps into the Middle East with the opening of its first store in Dubai.
Convenience food group Univeg is remaining tight-lipped as to suggestions it might go public in two years.
Groupe Casino has opened a hypermarket in France aimed squarely at female consumers in the massive Odysseum complex in the city of Montpellier.
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- PepsiCo 2015 results, 2016 outlook - takeaways
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Russia draws up plans for tax on palm oil