just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French industrial baker Bridor, which supplies products to the supermarket and foodservice channels, is planning to expand its plant in the US.
Nutréa, a subsidiary of Brittany-based co-operative, Triskalia, now the sole supplier of livestock to Tilly Sabco, is poised to cease deliveries to the French poultry exporter if it does not receive guarantees of payment.
French producers of Jambon de Bayonne, a premium air-dried salted ham, will be able to target the US from next year with authorities in the country set to allow in imports.
UK-based Princes has launched its namesake tinned tuna range on the French market.
French popcorn maker Nataïs is upping production capacity to meet growth at home and abroad.
French food industry trade body ANIA has signalled its opposition to the Government's plans to introduce a 'nutritional' colour code on packaging.
French poultry firm Doux has been approached by several unidentified parties over possible partnerships but is not up for sale.
France's competition regulator has approved French food holdings group Financière Turenne Lafayette's (FTL) plans to acquire two plants owned by loss-making cooked meats firm Jean Caby.
Private-equity firm PAI Partners is in exclusive talks to acquire a 50% stake in the holding company of French food firm Labeyrie Fine Foods.
France's leading pork processor Cooperl has launched a range of products made from pigs who have not been treated with antibiotics following the weaning period.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK