just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Five hundred French dairy farmers are to take Lactalis to court over the price they were paid last year for their milk.
French pork processor Abattoirs Industriels de la Manche is expected to file a request to be placed under judicial administration, further highlighting the challenging conditions in the sector.
In the second part of a two-part interview with just-food, Groupe Doux CEO Arnaud Marion highlights the move to a new business model, away from one heavily-dependent on EU subsidies, the company's efforts to diversify the business and the outlook for the French poultry processor.
French poultry supplier Groupe Doux is a company looking to the future after a challenging recent past. From June 2012, Doux spent 18 months in administration after pressure from raw material costs and a failed foray into Brazil. In the a two-part interview, Stuart Todd speaks to Doux CEO Arnaud Marion, the turnaround specialist hired by the administrators and who has stayed on to lead the business into what he hopes is sustained recovery.
Nutrition & Santé, the French dietary food specialist, has invested EUR21m in a production and packaging plant at its manufacturing centre in Revel, near Toulouse.
The UK's MS Foods is to acquire embattled French poultry exporter, Tilly Sabco, following a ruling by the Brest Tribunal de Commerce earlier today (5 December).
French poultry group LDC has acquired Polish firm Drop for an undisclosed sum.
French co-operative Terrena has agreed to relinquish a 49% in its beef and pork arm Elivia to Irish meat processor Dawn Meats.
French food group Alain Glon Holding plans to ramp up the capacity of its subsidiary, crisp maker Altho, to tap potential markets in Spain and Italy, a spokesperson told just-food.
A Paris district court has completed its investigation into last year's pan-European meat scandal which saw horse being passed off as beef, charging four men with fraudulent action.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Mediation fails in Heinz Dip & Squeeze case
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits