just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Cooperl, the French pork products group, is planning to build another production plant in Brittany.
French cooked meats firm Jean Caby is to invest around EUR25m in a production plant.
The Chamber of Commerce (CCI) in the French town of Morlaix has taken temporary control of poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco Bretagne, which was saved from liquidation at the end of last year.
Labeyrie Fine Foods is to take a 50% stake in French smoked trout specialist Aqualande for an undisclosed sum.
Dutch investment fund Nimbus has acquired private-label breakfast cereal maker Sevenday.
Nutrition & Santé, the French dietary food specialist, is investing EUR20m in expanding its ol Revel plant.
French retail body, the La Fédération des Entreprises du Commerce et de la Distribution, has unveiled its own voluntary labelling scheme, which it is planning to test by the end of the year before a full roll-out in 2016.
French pork processor Cooperl is looking to increase its production of pork from pigs not been treated with antibiotics following the weaning period.
Nutrition & Santé, the French dietary food specialist, has announced the acquisition of Spanish counterpart, Bicentury, having reached an agreement with the company's parent, Agrolimen.
Savencia Fromage & Dairy, formerly Bongrain, has sold its minority stake in German organic dairy Andechser Molkerei Scheitz to comply with a ruling from the country's competition regulator.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea