just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French supermarket chain Intermarché has cooled claims a bid for Gad, one of France's leading pork processors, is imminent.
One of France's leading pork processors, Gad, is on the brink of liquidation amid deepening financial difficulties.
A French court has given the green light to the sole takeover bid for La Lauragaise, the firm formed out of the acquisition of Spanghero, the meat products company caught up in the horsemeat scandal last year.
Embattled French poultry exporter Tilly-Sabco, which had been facing closure next month, has secured business through to the end of September.
French industrial baker Bridor, which supplies products to the supermarket and foodservice channels, is planning to expand its plant in the US.
Nutréa, a subsidiary of Brittany-based co-operative, Triskalia, now the sole supplier of livestock to Tilly-Sabco, is poised to cease deliveries to the French poultry exporter if it does not receive guarantees of payment.
French producers of Jambon de Bayonne, a premium air-dried salted ham, will be able to target the US from next year with authorities in the country set to allow in imports.
UK-based Princes has launched its namesake tinned tuna range on the French market.
French popcorn maker Nataïs is upping production capacity to meet growth at home and abroad.
French food industry trade body ANIA has signalled its opposition to the Government's plans to introduce a 'nutritional' colour code on packaging.
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare