just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Dairy group Senoble is poised to relinquish a 49% stake in Senagral, a joint venture with Agrial, leaving the French co-operative as the sole shareholder.
France has formally announced plans for voluntary nutrition labels on food, including proposals for manufacturers to have the option of using traffic-light labels.
A French court has approved Intermarché's takeover offer for local pork processor Gad's plant in Brittany.
Gastronome, the poultry processing arm of French agri-food co-operative, Terrena, has announced plans to close its plant in Luche-Pringe, in western France.
A French court today (30 September) ordered the liquidation of embattled French poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco, with the proviso that it be allowed to continue trading in the hope of finding a buyer.
French co-operative Agrial has confirmed it has secured EUR50m (US$63.7m) in fresh capital from agri-food industry investor Unigrains and bank Crédit Agricole to fund projects in dairy and vegetables.
Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) is to buy French smoked salmon producer MerAlliance.
French dairy co-operative Eurial has appointed Olivier Athimon as its new CEO.
French supermarket chain Intermarché has cooled claims a bid for Gad, one of France's leading pork processors, is imminent.
One of France's leading pork processors, Gad, is on the brink of liquidation amid deepening financial difficulties.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban