just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French co-operative Terrena has agreed to relinquish a 49% in its beef and pork arm Elivia to Irish meat processor Dawn Meats.
French food group Alain Glon Holding plans to ramp up the capacity of its subsidiary, crisp maker Altho, to tap potential markets in Spain and Italy, a spokesperson told just-food.
A Paris district court has completed its investigation into last year's pan-European meat scandal which saw horse being passed off as beef, charging four men with fraudulent action.
A clash over a brand name has seen small French ice-cream and frozen dessert maker Dagniaux take Danone to court.
French dairy brand Paysan Breton, which is owned by Brittany co-operative Laïta, is planning to launch a selection of its products in China under the Bai Shang name.
Dairy group Senoble is poised to relinquish a 49% stake in Senagral, a joint venture with Agrial, leaving the French co-operative as the sole shareholder.
France has formally announced plans for voluntary nutrition labels on food, including proposals for manufacturers to have the option of using traffic-light labels.
A French court has approved Intermarché's takeover offer for local pork processor Gad's plant in Brittany.
Gastronome, the poultry processing arm of French agri-food co-operative, Terrena, has announced plans to close its plant in Luche-Pringe, in western France.
A French court today (30 September) ordered the liquidation of embattled French poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco, with the proviso that it be allowed to continue trading in the hope of finding a buyer.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report