just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French co-operative Agrial, is to invest EUR135m in doubling the cheese-making capacity at a mozzarella plant in Herbignac.
France is planning to invest EUR1bn over the next five years to become "a world leader" in the field of proteins.
LDC has submitted a bid for the sausage activities of embattled French poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco Bretagne, which was placed under judicial administration earlier this summer.
French co-operative Terrena, which earlier this year acquired poultry group Doux, has announced a three-year investment programme worth EUR150m for its expanded poultry division.
Lactalis and unions representing French dairy farmers have reached an agreement on milk prices following the resumption of talks earlier today (30 August).
French dairy giant Lactalis will resume negotiations with farmers' unions as protests over the price paid for raw milk continue.
Embattled French poultry exporter Tilly-Sabco Bretagne has been placed in administration for a period of six months in the hope of attracting a buyer, a company official confirmed to just-food.
French prepared salad specialist Pierre Martinet is eyeing expansion in Spain, with plans to grow the subsidiary it operates in the country.
French private-label biscuit maker Biscuit Poult has acquired Dutch counterpart Banketgroep in a move that the companies said has created "the European market leader in the private label biscuits segment."
French farming co-operative Triskalia is this year investing more than EUR20m (US$22.1m) in its vegetable and poultry processing activities.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review