just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French food group Norac in talks with industry investor Groupe Galapagos to take majority control of French bakery Goûters Magiques.
French poultry group LDC has signed a contract to supply KFC's outlets in France.
Auchan has announced a partnership agreement with French dairy group the Laiterie Saint-Denis-de-l’Hôtel (LSDH) and a group of milk producers in central France, the Association de Producteurs de Lait du Bassin Centre (APLBC), in response to the crisis affecting the sector in the country.
French apéritif snacks specialist Paso-Traiteur, which supplies supermarket chains, is investing EUR7m in the construction of a second production plant in La Chapelle-Achard, in western France.
French ready-to-fill pastry maker Hafner and local fresh cake maker Patiprestige have announced a merger.
French biscuit maker Loc Maria Biscuits is eyeing international growth with the opening of a new production plant next month.
Cooperl, the French pork products group, is planning to build another production plant in Brittany.
French cooked meats firm Jean Caby is to invest around EUR25m in a production plant.
The Chamber of Commerce (CCI) in the French town of Morlaix has taken temporary control of poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco Bretagne, which was saved from liquidation at the end of last year.
Labeyrie Fine Foods is to take a 50% stake in French smoked trout specialist Aqualande for an undisclosed sum.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK