just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Lactalis and unions representing French dairy farmers have reached an agreement on milk prices following the resumption of talks earlier today (30 August).
French dairy giant Lactalis will resume negotiations with farmers' unions as protests over the price paid for raw milk continue.
Embattled French poultry exporter Tilly-Sabco Bretagne has been placed in administration for a period of six months in the hope of attracting a buyer, a company official confirmed to just-food.
French prepared salad specialist Pierre Martinet is eyeing expansion in Spain, with plans to grow the subsidiary it operates in the country.
French private-label biscuit maker Biscuit Poult has acquired Dutch counterpart Banketgroep in a move that the companies said has created "the European market leader in the private label biscuits segment."
French farming co-operative Triskalia is this year investing more than EUR20m (US$22.1m) in its vegetable and poultry processing activities.
France's food industry body, ANIA (Association Nationale des Industries Alimentaires) expects the country's wine, dairy and bakery-pastry sectors are likely to be those most impacted by the UK voting to leave the European Union.
France is preparing to look again at taxes on food oils after a re-think of fiscal measures relating to the ingredients.
Lactalis has acquired Normandy cheesemaker Fromagerie E. Graindorge for an undisclosed sum.
The French Senate has rejected an amendment in a government bill on sustainable development to raise the country's tax on palm oil, a source at France's second legislative chamber has confirmed to just-food.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review