just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French private-label biscuit maker Biscuit Poult has acquired Dutch counterpart Banketgroep in a move that the companies said has created "the European market leader in the private label biscuits segment."
French farming co-operative Triskalia is this year investing more than EUR20m (US$22.1m) in its vegetable and poultry processing activities.
France's food industry body, ANIA (Association Nationale des Industries Alimentaires) expects the country's wine, dairy and bakery-pastry sectors are likely to be those most impacted by the UK voting to leave the European Union.
France is preparing to look again at taxes on food oils after a re-think of fiscal measures relating to the ingredients.
Lactalis has acquired Normandy cheesemaker Fromagerie E. Graindorge for an undisclosed sum.
The French Senate has rejected an amendment in a government bill on sustainable development to raise the country's tax on palm oil, a source at France's second legislative chamber has confirmed to just-food.
France's Ministry of Health has announced that three-month trials will take place in selected supermarkets this autumn on four nutritional labelling codes.
UK firm MS Foods is set to take majority control of French poultry exporter Tilly-Sabco Bretagne for the token amount of EUR1 (US$1.15).
Mondelez International is in exclusive talks over the potential sale of European chocolate brands including Carambar and Terry's to Eurazeo, the French investment company.
France's Agriculture Minister, Stephane Le Foll, is looking to a government bill focusing on transparency, tackling corruption and modernising business practices to get privately-held food firms like Lactalis and Bigard to publish their results.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016