just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French dairy brand Paysan Breton, which is owned by Brittany co-operative Laïta, is planning to launch a selection of its products in China under the Bai Shang name.
Dairy group Senoble is poised to relinquish a 49% stake in Senagral, a joint venture with Agrial, leaving the French co-operative as the sole shareholder.
France has formally announced plans for voluntary nutrition labels on food, including proposals for manufacturers to have the option of using traffic-light labels.
A French court has approved Intermarché's takeover offer for local pork processor Gad's plant in Brittany.
Gastronome, the poultry processing arm of French agri-food co-operative, Terrena, has announced plans to close its plant in Luche-Pringe, in western France.
A French court today (30 September) ordered the liquidation of embattled French poultry exporter, Tilly-Sabco, with the proviso that it be allowed to continue trading in the hope of finding a buyer.
French co-operative Agrial has confirmed it has secured EUR50m (US$63.7m) in fresh capital from agri-food industry investor Unigrains and bank Crédit Agricole to fund projects in dairy and vegetables.
Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) is to buy French smoked salmon producer MerAlliance.
French dairy co-operative Eurial has appointed Olivier Athimon as its new CEO.
French supermarket chain Intermarché has cooled claims a bid for Gad, one of France's leading pork processors, is imminent.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report