just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) is to buy French smoked salmon producer MerAlliance.
French dairy co-operative Eurial has appointed Olivier Athimon as its new CEO.
French supermarket chain Intermarché has cooled claims a bid for Gad, one of France's leading pork processors, is imminent.
One of France's leading pork processors, Gad, is on the brink of liquidation amid deepening financial difficulties.
A French court has given the green light to the sole takeover bid for La Lauragaise, the firm formed out of the acquisition of Spanghero, the meat products company caught up in the horsemeat scandal last year.
Embattled French poultry exporter Tilly-Sabco, which had been facing closure next month, has secured business through to the end of September.
French industrial baker Bridor, which supplies products to the supermarket and foodservice channels, is planning to expand its plant in the US.
Nutréa, a subsidiary of Brittany-based co-operative, Triskalia, now the sole supplier of livestock to Tilly-Sabco, is poised to cease deliveries to the French poultry exporter if it does not receive guarantees of payment.
French producers of Jambon de Bayonne, a premium air-dried salted ham, will be able to target the US from next year with authorities in the country set to allow in imports.
UK-based Princes has launched its namesake tinned tuna range on the French market.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants