just-food authors and correspondents
'Emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. Stuart then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-food and other ‘just’ titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Alphabeta 4, a company indirectly controlled by Norway-based private-equity firm IK Investment Partners, is poised to start talks with Sagard Private Equity Partners to buy French chilled dough business Cérélia.
French pork processor Cooperl is poised to launch its Brocéliande brand cooked ham on the Chinese market.
Bonduelle has admitted the flavourings of some pan-fried vegetable dishes contain meat extracts in minor quantities that do not appear on recipe labels.
France's competition regulator has issued fines worth over EUR15m to 20 poultry firms for breaking competition rules - but admitted the penalties were more moderate than usual.
One person has been killed and two injured following the explosion of a machine at a Senagral dairy plant in Jouy, in France's Burgundy region.
The dairy merger between French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial has been put on hold over divergence relating to its scope as originally perceived.
The CEO of Senoble, one of nine dairies sanctioned by France's competition regulator for taking part in in a price-fixing cartel for private-label products, has said the scale of the fines handed out risks putting some out of business.
French vegetable co-operative the Société d'Intérêt Collectif Agricole (SICA) de Saint-Pol-de- Léon is investing tens of millions of euros in the rationalisation of its processing operations to put itself on a more competitive footing with German and Dutch rivals.
The Maîtres Laitiers du Cotentin, one of the nine dairy firms fined in a French price-fixing probe, is to appeal the decision.
The French competition regulator has handed out fines worth EUR192.7m to nine dairy firms for their part in a price-fixing cartel for private-label products between 2006 and 2012.
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- China Resources Enterprise, Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019