just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Wang Fangqing
Chinese infant formula maker Beingmate Baby & Child Food is to establish a new dairy joint venture with two Chinese private investors.
China has published new regulations on the production, registration and marketing of infant formula in the country.
China’s 2016 version of the national dietary guidelines, published by China’s National Health and Family Planning Commission, for the first time includes suggestions on daily added sugar intake, which should be "no more than 50 grams". This excludes natural sugars occurring in products such as fruit and vegetables.
Last year, more than 400 local companies in Dongguan, a major manufacturing city in China's southerly Guangdong province, went bankrupt as China's economy slowed. In stark contrast, one local bakery company - Dongguan Kam Tai Foods - earned CNY1.1bn (US$177.1m) in revenue and it is expecting to see sales grow 20% in 2015. Wang Fangqing investigates Kam Tai's recipe for success.
China-based infant formula manufacturer Beingmate is to buy 65% of a subsidiary of local dairy products company Meilijian Group.
The e-commerce channel in China is buoyant - one only has to witness the recent IPO of Alibaba in the US to see that - but smaller online retailers are launching to sell targeted ranges of branded food to Chinese consumers. In a new column, Wang Fangqing reports on a start-up in the major south-western city of Chongqinq.
Documents from China's anti-graft watchdog show the extent of its warnings to COFCO - China's largest state-owned food manufacturer and trader - that it faces a risk of potential corruption.
China's state council has launched a detailed policy plan to push consolidation within the country's infant formula manufacturing sector.
Multinational companies have dominated China's infant formula market but domestic companies are, with government support, looking to bolster their position with demand expected to remain buoyant. Wang Fangqing in Shanghai reports.
Chinese dairy giant Yili Group has teamed up with US co-op Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) in a venture that will serve China's fast-growing dairy market.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image