just-food authors and correspondents
Articles by Wang Fangqing
Documents from China's anti-graft watchdog show the extent of its warnings to COFCO - China's largest state-owned food manufacturer and trader - that it faces a risk of potential corruption.
China's state council has launched a detailed policy plan to push consolidation within the country's infant formula manufacturing sector.
Multinational companies have dominated China's infant formula market but domestic companies are, with government support, looking to bolster their position with demand expected to remain buoyant. Wang Fangqing in Shanghai reports.
Chinese dairy giant Yili Group has teamed up with US co-op Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) in a venture that will serve China's fast-growing dairy market.
Chinese branded poultry sales have been hit hard by the outbreak of the new avian flu virus H7N9 in and around Shanghai.
Major China-based meat products manufacturer, Shuanghui Group, is to invest around CNY4bn (US$632m) in 2013 to expand production capacity.
Japan-owned convenience store chain 7-Eleven is to expand in south-west China, starting in regional centres Chongqing and Chengdu.
Japanese food manufacturer Meiji is to boost its probiotics manufacturing by opening a JPY11.5bn (US$145.5m) dairy factory.
China's largest online supermarket Yihaodian is to open 1,000 virtual stores in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
New Chinese labelling rules in force from next year should change consumer behaviour, encouraging the purchase of healthier foods, a government health expert has told just-food.
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy