The food business blog from Chris Brook-Carter
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Chris Brook-Carter.
Tech advances make work a home from home 28 Sep 11
Launch shows for new software applications into the food and drinks industry are, I must admit, not a regular entry in my diary...
I suspect there will be mixed feelings amongst the Kraft Foods leadership this morning to news that Nelson Peltz is once more on the share roster. The news pushed Kraft share value north this morning by some 2%...
There was a time, when covering the financial performance of the world's FMCG groups, that I got fed up of reading statements that blamed weak sales performance on the weather...
One poor harvest from chaos? 11 Jan 11
We are only one poor harvest away from chaos, a leading food analyst predicted this week. Coming in the same week as the floods in Australia, which, aside from awful social affects, will devastate the region's wheat harvest, it has thrown the spotlight quickly back onto rising food prices once again...
Welcome back from a long Christmas and New Year break. As always at this time of year, the media is awash with predictions about the 12 months ahead. Who are we to buck against this time-honoured trend...
Wednesday morning brought to an end just-food's first-ever open house. It was a rare opportunity to demonstrate to those in the food industry who are not already full members of the site what they have been missing...
A 60-day mash-up 29 Nov 10
In these days of health conscious consumers and a vociferous obesity lobby, brand owners working in a huge number of sectors have had to defend their products from claims they are the root of all health evils. Defend them they do though, often very vocally, some more convincingly than others...
A sad day, but a bootiful legacy 26 Nov 10
Bernard Matthews died last night, aged 80. With some of the negative press the company attracted in the last few years, it's easy to forget what this entrepreneur of the food industry achieved. He began his business in a one-bed flat but in 2010 the company will farm 7m birds...
It's an open house at just-food 17 Nov 10
There is a ongoing debate within the media at the moment about the direction of online publishing, in particular the virtues of 'paid for' and 'free to access' content...
Every now and then there is a story that reminds you of the scale of the food industry's impact on the world at large. When you are caught in the middle, often writing about the nuts and bolts of the sector, it's easy to forget its reach into the socio-political sphere...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis