The food business blog from Chris Brook-Carter
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Chris Brook-Carter.
Tech advances make work a home from home 28 Sep 11
Launch shows for new software applications into the food and drinks industry are, I must admit, not a regular entry in my diary...
I suspect there will be mixed feelings amongst the Kraft Foods leadership this morning to news that Nelson Peltz is once more on the share roster. The news pushed Kraft share value north this morning by some 2%...
There was a time, when covering the financial performance of the world's FMCG groups, that I got fed up of reading statements that blamed weak sales performance on the weather...
One poor harvest from chaos? 11 Jan 11
We are only one poor harvest away from chaos, a leading food analyst predicted this week. Coming in the same week as the floods in Australia, which, aside from awful social affects, will devastate the region's wheat harvest, it has thrown the spotlight quickly back onto rising food prices once again...
Welcome back from a long Christmas and New Year break. As always at this time of year, the media is awash with predictions about the 12 months ahead. Who are we to buck against this time-honoured trend...
Wednesday morning brought to an end just-food's first-ever open house. It was a rare opportunity to demonstrate to those in the food industry who are not already full members of the site what they have been missing...
A 60-day mash-up 29 Nov 10
In these days of health conscious consumers and a vociferous obesity lobby, brand owners working in a huge number of sectors have had to defend their products from claims they are the root of all health evils. Defend them they do though, often very vocally, some more convincingly than others...
A sad day, but a bootiful legacy 26 Nov 10
Bernard Matthews died last night, aged 80. With some of the negative press the company attracted in the last few years, it's easy to forget what this entrepreneur of the food industry achieved. He began his business in a one-bed flat but in 2010 the company will farm 7m birds...
It's an open house at just-food 17 Nov 10
There is a ongoing debate within the media at the moment about the direction of online publishing, in particular the virtues of 'paid for' and 'free to access' content...
Every now and then there is a story that reminds you of the scale of the food industry's impact on the world at large. When you are caught in the middle, often writing about the nuts and bolts of the sector, it's easy to forget its reach into the socio-political sphere...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review