In the spotlight: Bond bows out as Asda boss
In a shock announcement today (12 March), Wal-Mart revealed that Andy Bond is stepping down as chief executive of Asda. The news has raised many an eyebrow in the world of UK retail, as it comes hot on the heels of speculation that Asda is gearing up for a major acquisition and ahead of a highly-anticipated investor meeting. Bond's departure - and the appointment of his successor - will prove telling not only for Asda but also for the landscape of the UK's retail sector, Katy Humphries suggests.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega