Best bits: Casino, Carrefour, Danone give French flavour to headlines
There was a French flavour to the major industry headlines last week. Casino triumphantly announced its control of Brazil's largest retailer CBD. The new CEO at rival French retailer Carrefour made his first public comments about the challenges the company faces, while food manufacturer Danone issued a profit warning, citing problems in southern Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm
- Pork Farms "disappointed" over Kerry deal ruling