Comment: Child labour hangs over chocolate sector's CSR programmes
Cadbury owner Mondelez International has pledged US$400m to try to improve the lives of cocoa farmers and, crucially, help shore up future supplies of the commodity. The investment is the latest by a number of suppliers and, while their work should be welcomed, the use of child labour in cocoa farming remains a tough nut to crack.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Indian conglomerate ITC sets out FMCG ambition
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS