COMMENT: Fairtrade commitments motivated by sales promise
Fairtrade bodies secured what seemed like another big coup last week (18 February) when Unilever-owned ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's said it would move to 100% Fairtrade. While the news is further evidence that the ethical movement is picking up steam, Katy Humphries suggests that the impetus behind Fairtrade sourcing remains a financial one for large food corporations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk