In the spotlight - Sainsbury's success points to position of strength
Sainsbury's full-year profits came in ahead of City forecasts this week. Dean Best takes a look at how the UK retailer believes it can withstand fresh competition and how its success in the downturn means it is now in a position of strength.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"