Talking shop: Japan's retailers look abroad for growth
Japan's major grocery retailers are looking to their Asian neigbours for expansion, as their home country's bleak economic landscape has stymied growth in recent years. Petah Marian investigates Japan's economy and which countries these retail giants are looking to conquer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre