Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Analysts saw reasons to be cautious over the big events of the week, pouring cold water on Wal-Mart's plans to enter Africa through its planned acquisition of Massmart and expressing concern over Denise Morrison as the new CEO of Campbell Soup Co. The six-month war of words between Casey's General Stores and Couche-Tard seems to have ended, with the Canadian operator letting its tender offer expire. Here's the best of what was said this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods