COMMENT: Kraft weakness casts shadow of doubt over Cadbury deal
Kraft's disappointing third quarter has cast doubt over the future of any possible takeover move on UK confectioner Cadbury. The US food group delivered disappointing revenues and reduced its full-year organic growth targets, contrasting sharply with the strong third quarter Cadbury delivered last week. While Kraft's results have not left its expansion plans dead in the water, the US food group may have an uphill struggle to convince Cadbury shareholders and the market as a whole that its bid is viable, Katy Humphries contends.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin