Street talk: Own label gives European shoppers more for less
The economic downturn has seen private label, already more prevalent in Europe than in the US, make greater strides across almost every market in the region. SymphonyIRI's Rod Street, pointing to the just-food international basket, launched today, says the price difference between own label and brand is 50% in some markets. Brand owners must act quickly, Street says, to work out where and how to defend their share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Interview: FrieslandCampina eyes Gulf expansion
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Aryzta buys 49% of French retailer Picard