Comment: Premier right to shake-up bread business
UK company Premier Foods had already hinted it had plans to shake-up its bread business and, this week, the Hovis manufacturer underlined it will "fix" that part of its operations. The company decided to walk away from an own-label contract worth GBP75m but the move is a wise one; the status quo in bread is not an option. But what options are out there for Premier in bread?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Digesting digital: Collaboration key
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business