Comment: Premier right to shake-up bread business
UK company Premier Foods had already hinted it had plans to shake-up its bread business and, this week, the Hovis manufacturer underlined it will "fix" that part of its operations. The company decided to walk away from an own-label contract worth GBP75m but the move is a wise one; the status quo in bread is not an option. But what options are out there for Premier in bread?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters