Comment: Premier right to shake-up bread business
UK company Premier Foods had already hinted it had plans to shake-up its bread business and, this week, the Hovis manufacturer underlined it will "fix" that part of its operations. The company decided to walk away from an own-label contract worth GBP75m but the move is a wise one; the status quo in bread is not an option. But what options are out there for Premier in bread?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Nestle "disappointed" as ASA bans toddler milk ad
- Sanitarium launches oat-based breakfast drink