Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Unilever launches Magnum chocolates line
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge