Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk