Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious