Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push