Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales