Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare