Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm