Street talk: Retailers adapt to cost pressure, weak consumers
Commodity inflation has led manufacturers to look to increase prices and, according to the latest data from the just-food international basket, the price on shelf has risen. As SymphonyIRI's Rod Street writes, retailers have reacted by using promotions less often and there are signs Every Day Low Price strategies are gaining traction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Dairy Crest sees "momentum" in spreads
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Campbell takes Unilever to court in Australia
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures