COMMENT: Russia's food retailers playing for high stakes
Russia's food retail landscape is in a state of a flux - and the country's leading grocers are jostling for position. In recent days, there have been a raft of buoyant sales figures despite the impact the downturn has had on consumer spending. However, weak financial markets have hurt a number of smaller players and promises to herald a period of consolidation in Russia - involving both domestic and foreign heavyweights. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry