Comment: Splenda buy would fit Ajinomoto strategy
Japanese food maker Ajinomoto is said to be interested in acquiring the Splenda sucralose business from UK food ingredients group Tate & Lyle. While Splenda has seen sales and profits hit by heightened global competition, the business nevertheless represents a good fit for Ajinomoto's own ingredients arm, which includes artificial sweetener aspartame.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin