Comment: Sugar reduction pledge, not tax, could interest regulators
A tax on sugar has again hit the headlines in recent days, with a call from campaign group Action on Sugar and, significantly, after a key expert on obesity said new policies should be looked at. However, Ben Cooper says evidence sin taxes work is sketchy, although he argues Action on Sugar's separate call for an industry pledge to lower sugar could interest regulators.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus