Comment: Sugar reduction pledge, not tax, could interest regulators
A tax on sugar has again hit the headlines in recent days, with a call from campaign group Action on Sugar and, significantly, after a key expert on obesity said new policies should be looked at. However, Ben Cooper says evidence sin taxes work is sketchy, although he argues Action on Sugar's separate call for an industry pledge to lower sugar could interest regulators.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall