Comment: Sugar reduction pledge, not tax, could interest regulators
A tax on sugar has again hit the headlines in recent days, with a call from campaign group Action on Sugar and, significantly, after a key expert on obesity said new policies should be looked at. However, Ben Cooper says evidence sin taxes work is sketchy, although he argues Action on Sugar's separate call for an industry pledge to lower sugar could interest regulators.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals