Comment: Sugar reduction pledge, not tax, could interest regulators
A tax on sugar has again hit the headlines in recent days, with a call from campaign group Action on Sugar and, significantly, after a key expert on obesity said new policies should be looked at. However, Ben Cooper says evidence sin taxes work is sketchy, although he argues Action on Sugar's separate call for an industry pledge to lower sugar could interest regulators.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims