Best bits: Tesco must look beyond Big Price Drop
Tesco claims early results from the Big Price Drop - its campaign to lure cash-strapped shoppers and revive its UK sales - are positive. However, the view from The City was mixed after the retailer reported another quarter of falling sales in its domestic market. Dean Best believes Tesco should be given time - but competition from its rivals means the UK's largest retailer only has a certain amount of that.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- The challenge of digital marketing and ROI
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- ConAgra confirms another private-label charge
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Aryzta buys 49% of French retailer Picard