VIEWPOINT: The defining weakness of UK grocery probe
The report on the supermarket sector by the UK's Competition Commission has been the subject of considerable discussion in the media in recent weeks with regard to how tough the regulators have been on the UK's powerful supermarket operators. However, Peter Wynne-James, managing director of consultants MPC Associates, believes the report has fundamental weaknesses in how it defines the retail sector in the first place.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 survey – profits and sales
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth