VIEWPOINT: The defining weakness of UK grocery probe
The report on the supermarket sector by the UK's Competition Commission has been the subject of considerable discussion in the media in recent weeks with regard to how tough the regulators have been on the UK's powerful supermarket operators. However, Peter Wynne-James, managing director of consultants MPC Associates, believes the report has fundamental weaknesses in how it defines the retail sector in the first place.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning