Quote, unquote: UK grocery retail ombudsman
The tense relationship between food retailers and manufacturers once again became a subject of heated debate in the UK after news broke this morning (4 August) that the Competition Commission has moved to strengthen the code of practice governing dealings between the two groups. The Commission's controversial move to call on the Government to establish an ombudsman - without the support of most retailers - has likewise provoked a mixed reaction. Here are some of the key quotes from both side of today's debate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action