Quote, unquote: UK grocery retail ombudsman
The tense relationship between food retailers and manufacturers once again became a subject of heated debate in the UK after news broke this morning (4 August) that the Competition Commission has moved to strengthen the code of practice governing dealings between the two groups. The Commission's controversial move to call on the Government to establish an ombudsman - without the support of most retailers - has likewise provoked a mixed reaction. Here are some of the key quotes from both side of today's debate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival