COMMENT: US food safety modernisation makes (slow) progress
The US House of Representatives yesterday (30 July) took the long-overdue step of updating the nation's archaic food safety regulations. The food industry and consumer groups have largely welcomed the move, which is a significant step in the modernisation of the US food safety regime. However, Katy Humphries suggests the development of comprehensive food safety standards in the US remains some way off.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever