7-Eleven has built a significant worldwide presence since its inception in 1927 but the Japanese-owned international convenience chain still has its eye on building its presence in key emerging markets. Michelle Russell met Henri Honoris, the head of Modern Putra Indonesia, 7-Eleven's operator in the populous Asian market, to discuss the plans for the chain there.
Ireland-based food group Greencore announced yesterday (27 June) it has struck a deal to acquire US sandwich-to-sushi manufacturer HC Schau & Son. In this month's just the answer, Greencore CFO Alan Williams tells Katy Askew that while the deal is "relatively small" for the company it remains an important step in the group's long-term growth plans for the US.
The operator of 7-Eleven stores in Indonesia has confirmed plans to open up to 2,500 stores in and around Jakarta over the next 10 years.
7-Eleven hopes to grab a slice of the A$270m convenience market in Western Australia after announcing it is set to expand in the region.
C-store giant 7-Eleven has sought to cool talk it could re-enter the UK after reports the retailer was poised to return to the market.
7-Eleven Inc will sell off 72 of its US convenience stores and gas stations it has confirmed.
Unilever confirmed a fall in third-quarter sales this week it had indicated earlier this month; in between times, just-food met CEO Paul Polman in Germany to discuss the company's food business and emerging markets. The interview was published in two parts this week. Elsewhere, Tesco issued some eyebrow-raising stats on waste, Canada's Saputo upped its bid for Australian dairy Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory and Maple Leaf Foods said it weighing up the options for its 90% stake in Canada Bread.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning