Dairy group Senoble is poised to relinquish a 49% stake in Senagral, a joint venture with Agrial, leaving the French co-operative as the sole shareholder.
French co-operative Agrial has confirmed it has secured EUR50m (US$63.7m) in fresh capital from agri-food industry investor Unigrains and bank Crédit Agricole to fund projects in dairy and vegetables.
French dairy co-operative Eurial is investing EUR12m (US$16.2m) over the next three years to expand its capacity to produce mozzarella.
The merger of the dairy activities of French co-operatives Agrial and Eurial could be extended with a deal with a third co-op, Coralis.
French co-operative Agrial has raised around EUR95m (US$126.9m) on the Paris stock exchange's private bond Euro PP market to finance international expansion.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"