Few food companies, if any, have been as acquisitive as Canadian dairy co-operative Agropur in recent quarters. And the group's M&A activity appears to have picked up since CEO Robert Coallier joined the business in 2012. In part two of the latest just-food interview, Coallier explains the reasons behind Agropur's appetite.
Acquisitive Canadian dairy co-op Agropur this month finalised its largest deal to date - its purchase of US cheese and dairy ingredients business Davisco Foods International. In part one of a two-part interview, Dean Best speaks to Agropur CEO Robert Coallier about the company's most recent transaction.
This week, the EU announced more measures to help out dairy farmers hit by the Russia ban. Chiquita and Fyffes insisted again a merger between the two would be the best outcome for shareholders. Our latest just-food interview saw us discuss Agropur's M&A strategy with the Canadian dairy co-op's CEO, while we chatted to Scandinavian free-from firm Fria about its expansion across Europe.
Fonterra this week made a significant move to boost its business in China, a market that has been problematic for the world's largest dairy exporter. We analysed the group's latest foray, a venture with infant formula producer Beingmate. Elsewhere, dairy dominated our coverage, with news of Parmalat closing in on an acquisition in Brazil and Emmi's surprise profit warning. Canadian dairy giant Agropur also featured on our interview pages, when CEO Robert Coallier sat down with us to discuss the co-op's recent M&A.
Acquisitive Canadian dairy co-op Agropur has pounced again, with a deal for Davisco Foods International's dairy-processing assets in the US, Europe and China.
Canadian dairy Agropur has made another acquisition, this time swooping to buy the dairy and food distribution assets of fellow co-op Northumberland Dairy Cooperative.
Canadian dairy co-op Agropur has struck deals to buy four plants from - and supply a range of products to - Sobeys, one of the country's largest retailers.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report