Few food companies, if any, have been as acquisitive as Canadian dairy co-operative Agropur in recent quarters. And the group's M&A activity appears to have picked up since CEO Robert Coallier joined the business in 2012. In part two of the latest just-food interview, Coallier explains the reasons behind Agropur's appetite.
Acquisitive Canadian dairy co-op Agropur this month finalised its largest deal to date - its purchase of US cheese and dairy ingredients business Davisco Foods International. In part one of a two-part interview, Dean Best speaks to Agropur CEO Robert Coallier about the company's most recent transaction.
Our interviews with senior United Biscuits executives - in the year the company's owners agreed to sell the UK snack maker to Turkey's Yildiz Holding - featured highly on the list of 2014's most-clicked interviews on just-food. Interviews with the CEOs of the UK's Premier Foods and Canada's Agropur, as well as the CFOs of Arla Foods and Brazil's BRF were also popular as we continued to gain access to some of the industry's leading lights.
This week, the EU announced more measures to help out dairy farmers hit by the Russia ban. Chiquita and Fyffes insisted again a merger between the two would be the best outcome for shareholders. Our latest just-food interview saw us discuss Agropur's M&A strategy with the Canadian dairy co-op's CEO, while we chatted to Scandinavian free-from firm Fria about its expansion across Europe.
Fonterra this week made a significant move to boost its business in China, a market that has been problematic for the world's largest dairy exporter. We analysed the group's latest foray, a venture with infant formula producer Beingmate. Elsewhere, dairy dominated our coverage, with news of Parmalat closing in on an acquisition in Brazil and Emmi's surprise profit warning. Canadian dairy giant Agropur also featured on our interview pages, when CEO Robert Coallier sat down with us to discuss the co-op's recent M&A.
Acquisitive Canadian dairy co-op Agropur has pounced again, with a deal for Davisco Foods International's dairy-processing assets in the US, Europe and China.
Canadian dairy Agropur has made another acquisition, this time swooping to buy the dairy and food distribution assets of fellow co-op Northumberland Dairy Cooperative.
Agropur Cooperative Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
Agropur Cooperative Ltd is looking to increase its share and expand its business in Canada by buying other dairy companies or signing acquisition or merger deals....
Global Dairy Food Market: Merger and Acquisitions July 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during July 2014. Summa...
Dairy in Canada
Dairy in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report