Ahold's shares rose yesterday after the retail giant's fourth-quarter margins beat market forecasts. However, some analysts believe the Dutc...
Ahold shares dropped today (14 Novermber) after the Netherlands-based retailer warned its domestic market share is coming under pressure. Ho...
Dutch retailer Ahold has said it will continue to evaluate its price positioning in the US as retailers in the country face pressure on sale...
US retail giant Kroger this week struck a deal to buy regional supermarket chain Harris Teeter in a deal worth US$2.44bn. Analysts believe t...
Sweden-based retailer ICA now has one owner after Ahold, the Dutch retail giant and its largest shareholder, sold out to venture partner Hakon Invest, the Swedish investment fund. Michelle Russell spoke with Hakon CFO Göran Blomberg about Hakon's strategy for the business and the benefits he hopes the deal will bring.
Netherlands-based food retail group Ahold has recently committed itself to a range of sustainability targets. Speaking with Ben Cooper for this month's Sustainability Watch, Ahold's executive vice president and chief corporate governance counsel, Lodewijk Hijmans van den Bergh, expands on the company's approach to sustainability and the need to balance ambition and pragmatism.
Spojené Farmy, a Czech supplier of organic food, is set to be sold to CPI Property Group, a local real estate company.
Fairtrade chocolate company Divine Chocolate has announced listings at a number of US mainstream retailers.
Shares in Hilton Food Group dropped today (9 September) after the UK meat supplier's guidance for the rest of 2014 prompted analysts to downgrade their forecasts.
The biggest story of the week came as it started - with the announcement of the proposed merger between banana giants Chiquita Brands International and Fyffes. Elsewhere, UK grocers Morrisons and The Co-operative Group grabbed the headlines - the former for its bid to revive sales and the latter for the resignation of its chief executive.
Ahold today (11 March) announced a deal to buy Spar International's business in the Czech Republic.
Over the weekend, there were fresh claims Europe-based food retailers Ahold and Delhaize are in discussions to join forces.
Off our beat but food manufacturers serving the US foodservice sector should note the proposed takeover of US Foods by rival Sysco.
Fruit & vegetables in the Netherlands
Fruit & vegetables in the Netherlands industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The p...
Agricultural Products in Europe
Agricultural Products in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Agricultural Products in the Czech Republic
Agricultural Products in the Czech Republic industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018)....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details