The recent sale of Italian unit Trentinalatte confirms growth through acquisition is not something Emmi is always successful at. Would, Stef...
Arla Foods is wise to invest in its whey protein production capacity. However, the company is far from alone in pursuing this strategy, with...
In a tit-for-tat move, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a year-long ban on on food imports from countries participating in the imp...
A new president and a revised investor law for Egypt appears to be restoring business confidence. Last month three food and beverage giants...
Few food companies, if any, have been as acquisitive as Canadian dairy co-operative Agropur in recent quarters. And the group's M&A activity appears to have picked up since CEO Robert Coallier joined the business in 2012. In part two of the latest just-food interview, Coallier explains the reasons behind Agropur's appetite.
From a "sleeping giant" losing money to a "sustainable, good business", Adams Foods CEO Ian Toal says the UK arm of The Irish Dairy Board has made significant progress since he joined the business in 2011. What has driven the business? And how does it plan to grow further? Dean Best met Toal to find out.
Arla Foods is to expand a dairy plant in Germany as part of the dairy giant's bid to build its organic business in the country.
Arla Foods has stuck a deal to acquire Swedish cheese group Falbygdens Ost from Finnish food manufacturer Atria for an undisclosed sum.
Arla Foods' move to change its business relationship with Brazilian dairy group Vigor opens up access to 40,000 retailers in the country.
Arla Foods has acquired a stake in Brazilian dairy company Vigor Alimentos.
M&A was once more a focus on just-food as consolidation of the food sector continued. US natural and organic food group Annie's was snapped up by General Mills.
Today (5 May) is the May Day bank holiday here in the UK, so there will be no updates on just-food until tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a selection of our best coverage from last week - and news of a very special offer.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report