The recent sale of Italian unit Trentinalatte confirms growth through acquisition is not something Emmi is always successful at. Would, Stef...
Arla Foods is wise to invest in its whey protein production capacity. However, the company is far from alone in pursuing this strategy, with...
In a tit-for-tat move, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a year-long ban on on food imports from countries participating in the imp...
A new president and a revised investor law for Egypt appears to be restoring business confidence. Last month three food and beverage giants...
Few food companies, if any, have been as acquisitive as Canadian dairy co-operative Agropur in recent quarters. And the group's M&A activity appears to have picked up since CEO Robert Coallier joined the business in 2012. In part two of the latest just-food interview, Coallier explains the reasons behind Agropur's appetite.
From a "sleeping giant" losing money to a "sustainable, good business", Adams Foods CEO Ian Toal says the UK arm of The Irish Dairy Board has made significant progress since he joined the business in 2011. What has driven the business? And how does it plan to grow further? Dean Best met Toal to find out.
French dairy group Lactalis has submitted a bid to buy Egypt's Arab Dairy Products.
Dairy giant Arla Foods has opened a lactose factory in Denmark to supply what the co-op called a "vibrant" infant nutrition market.
German dairy giant Müller has insisted its move to buy Dairy Crest's dairies operations will help the entire UK sector, from farmers to consumers.
Brazilian dairy Vigor is planning to set up a plant in the state of Rio de Janeiro as it looks to continue its expansion within the country.
Arla Foods is to expand a dairy plant in Germany as part of the dairy giant's bid to build its organic business in the country.
Today (5 May) is the May Day bank holiday here in the UK, so there will be no updates on just-food until tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a selection of our best coverage from last week - and news of a very special offer.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report