Switzerland-based bakery group Aryzta announced two acquisitions in North America yesterday (10 March) as it revealed sales in the region ca...
Retail majors Ahold and Tesco are preparing to announce first-quarter results, while bakery group Aryzta and US spreads firm JM Smucker look...
It's been a while coming but Switzerland-based bakery giant Aryzta has moved to boost its business with Europe's retailers - as consumers in...
Dutch food and ingredients group CSM announced plans to sell off its bakery business earlier this week. The speed of the decision to offload...
Swiss bakery group Aryzta has booked a jump in full-year earnings, boosted by acquisitions and a strong performance in the developed markets of Europe and North America.
Aryzta has reiterated its guidance of double-digit underlying EPS growth as the Swiss food firm posted a 14.9% increase in revenues to EUR859.8m in its food business for the third quarter.
Aryzta has ended production at its baking facility in Export, Pennsylvania, in a move that sees 130 jobs axed.
The biggest story of the week came as it started - with the announcement of the proposed merger between banana giants Chiquita Brands International and Fyffes. Elsewhere, UK grocers Morrisons and The Co-operative Group grabbed the headlines - the former for its bid to revive sales and the latter for the resignation of its chief executive.
Switzerland-based bakery group Aryzta has set its sights on expansion in North America with the acquisition of two bakeries in the region - Pineridge Bakery in Canada and Cloverhill Bakery in the US.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk