A court in Germany has upheld fines imposed on four confectionery manufacturers and a trade association for colluding to fix prices – and increased the overall total to around EUR20m (US$21.5m).
Germany-based biscuit and snack maker Bahlsen has acquired a majority stake in Rawbite, the Danish organic brand and producer of organic fruit and nut bars.
DKSH, the Asian sales and marketing agency, has snapped up a majority stake in Chinese e-commerce distributor Shanghai Sweets International.
Bahlsen has named Scott Brankin, the head of the German biscuit maker's operations in central and eastern Europe, to the three-person management board that oversees the business.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin