A court in Germany has upheld fines imposed on four confectionery manufacturers and a trade association for colluding to fix prices – and increased the overall total to around EUR20m (US$21.5m).
Germany-based biscuit and snack maker Bahlsen has acquired a majority stake in Rawbite, the Danish organic brand and producer of organic fruit and nut bars.
DKSH, the Asian sales and marketing agency, has snapped up a majority stake in Chinese e-commerce distributor Shanghai Sweets International.
Bahlsen has named Scott Brankin, the head of the German biscuit maker's operations in central and eastern Europe, to the three-person management board that oversees the business.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry