Nearly two months into the horsemeat scandal that has rocked the food industry, UK figures highlighting a sales slowdown in ready meals rais...
The executive changes at Kellogg and Premier Foods plc attracted scrutiny from analysts on Wall Street and in the City this week, France's c...
Europe's food retail industry is set for further consolidation, analysts said this week, while speculation continued to grow over the owners...
In the run-up to Easter, chocolate fittingly grabbed the headlines, with Supervalu Inc accusing some of the biggest manufacturers of fixing...
Bakkavor, one of the UK's largest own-label food manufacturers, has had a tumultuous 12 months. The company even warned last year about the future of the business as a going concern after it missed a deadline to pay creditors. However, Bakkavor's management is keen to look forward and, speaking to Dean Best in this month's just-food interview, CEO Agust Gudmundsson and CFO Richard Howes maintain a quiet optimism about the company's future.
Bakkavor has moved to lower its stake in non-core operations in Italy as it increases its focus on the core markets of the UK, US and Asia.
Bakkavor today (14 February) claimed it had "outperformed" the UK fresh food market in 2013, a year when sales rose, impairment charges weighed on operating profit and its bottom line was boosted by proceeds from disposals.
UK fresh prepared foods manufacturer Bakkavor has announced its exit from South Africa with the sale of its Spring Valley Foods business.
Bakkavor has sold its Czech ready meals unit Heli Food Fresh as the UK-based own-label group looks to focus on markets that offer it the best chance for growth.
UK-based private-label supplier Bakkavor has admitted breaching health and safety after being fined over an employee incident at its facility in Harrow.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets