Boulder Brands is a business under a decade old but one now approaching annual sales of over US$450m. CEO Stephen Hughes set up an investment vehicle in 2005 that became Smart Balance in 2007 when it acquired GFA Brands, the owner of the Smart Balance brand. However, in the last two years, with the spreads sector under pressure, Hughes has brought balance to the business with moves into gluten free - and changed its name to reflect its wider portfolio. In part one of a two-part interview, Hughes discusses Boulder Brands' buoyant gluten-free business.
Italian food group Barilla is to relaunch its namesake pasta into one of the UK's Big Four grocers - and is drawing up plans to also roll out sauces.
Italian food group Barilla has reported an increase in profits in 2013.
Italian food group Barilla will next month open a new production line at a bakery plant in France to manufacture sandwich loaves.
Barilla is to invest EUR30m (US$40m) over three years at subsidiary company's Harry's bakery plant in Montierchaume, central France.
Barilla is launching a gluten-free pasta line in the US in a bid to cash in on growing demand in the sector.
Barilla has attempted to dig itself out of a massive, PR nightmare of a hole, after its CEO recently sparked outrage by saying he would never use gay couples in commercials.
Unilever USA's Bertolli and Nestle's Buitoni USA have chosen social media as a way of capitalising on the furore surrounding a recent campaign by one of its closest rivals.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape