Large publicly-owned multinationals, such as Unilever and PepsiCo, are widely praised for showing leadership in corporate sustainability. In this month's Sustainability Watch, Roberto Ciati, sustainability director at Italian pasta, sauces and baked goods group Barilla, discusses how private, family ownership can inform a progressive approach to sustainability.
Boulder Brands is a business under a decade old but one now approaching annual sales of over US$450m. CEO Stephen Hughes set up an investment vehicle in 2005 that became Smart Balance in 2007 when it acquired GFA Brands, the owner of the Smart Balance brand. However, in the last two years, with the spreads sector under pressure, Hughes has brought balance to the business with moves into gluten free - and changed its name to reflect its wider portfolio. In part one of a two-part interview, Hughes discusses Boulder Brands' buoyant gluten-free business.
Barilla, the Italian pasta group, is planning to expand its production plant in Amens, Iowa, with an investment of US$26.8m to add facilities, including a gluten-free production line.
Barilla has launched a pasta range "specifically designed" for the Chinese market.
Barilla and US online grocer Peapod have teamed up to launch pasta meal kits.
A busy week for third quarter results, with several packaged food giants reporting profit pressure. Danone extended its tie-up with Mengniu in China and Premier Foods discussed international growth. Here is just-food's week in words.
Italian food group Barilla is to relaunch its namesake pasta into one of the UK's Big Four grocers - and is drawing up plans to also roll out sauces.
Pasta maker Barilla has joined the likes of Hershey in investigating the uses of 3D printing in the food sector.
Barilla has attempted to dig itself out of a massive, PR nightmare of a hole, after its CEO recently sparked outrage by saying he would never use gay couples in commercials.
Barilla Holding S.p.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Pr
Canadean's "Barilla Holding S.p.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Barilla Alimentare SpA in Packaged Food (Italy)
Barilla aims to maintain the most popular brand of pasta in Italy, and in this market it will continue to invest in new product development, especially in health and wellness categories in bakery. The...
Barilla Foodservice Deutschland in Packaged Food (Germany)
Barilla Foodservice will continue to put its focus on product innovation in terms of ingredients, authenticity, packaging and convenience. The company’s aspiration is to supply cooks from all foodserv...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report