Large publicly-owned multinationals, such as Unilever and PepsiCo, are widely praised for showing leadership in corporate sustainability. In this month's Sustainability Watch, Roberto Ciati, sustainability director at Italian pasta, sauces and baked goods group Barilla, discusses how private, family ownership can inform a progressive approach to sustainability.
Boulder Brands is a business under a decade old but one now approaching annual sales of over US$450m. CEO Stephen Hughes set up an investment vehicle in 2005 that became Smart Balance in 2007 when it acquired GFA Brands, the owner of the Smart Balance brand. However, in the last two years, with the spreads sector under pressure, Hughes has brought balance to the business with moves into gluten free - and changed its name to reflect its wider portfolio. In part one of a two-part interview, Hughes discusses Boulder Brands' buoyant gluten-free business.
Barilla, the Italian pasta group, is planning to expand its production plant in Amens, Iowa, with an investment of US$26.8m to add facilities, including a gluten-free production line.
Barilla has launched a pasta range "specifically designed" for the Chinese market.
Barilla and US online grocer Peapod have teamed up to launch pasta meal kits.
A busy week for third quarter results, with several packaged food giants reporting profit pressure. Danone extended its tie-up with Mengniu in China and Premier Foods discussed international growth. Here is just-food's week in words.
Italian food group Barilla is to relaunch its namesake pasta into one of the UK's Big Four grocers - and is drawing up plans to also roll out sauces.
Pasta maker Barilla has joined the likes of Hershey in investigating the uses of 3D printing in the food sector.
Barilla has attempted to dig itself out of a massive, PR nightmare of a hole, after its CEO recently sparked outrage by saying he would never use gay couples in commercials.
Barilla Holding S.p.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Pr
Canadean's "Barilla Holding S.p.A.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Barilla Alimentare SpA in Packaged Food (Italy)
During 2013 and 2014, Barilla Alimentare has been continuing on its sustainability path that includes not only attention to the environment but also the implementation of ethical business practices th...
Barilla Holding SpA in Packaged Food (World)
Barilla has ambitious growth plans, with aims to double its revenues by 2020. The company aims to achieve this goal through a focus on its core pasta, sauces and ready meals business specifically in e...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- China Resources Enterprise, Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019