Reports emerged earlier this month that US agribusiness giant Cargill is exploring the possibility of buying Archer Daniels Midland's (ADM)...
Barry Callebaut plans to focus more on integrating recent acquisitions and supply deals this year than buying businesses or striking more su...
Hershey's commitment to source 100% of its cocoa requirements from third-party-certified sources by 2020 has been broadly welcomed. However,...
Increased exposure to emerging markets? Tick. Boost portfolio with more in-demand products? Tick. Barry Callebaut tried to outline the benef...
Belgian chocolate maker Cavalier plans to rebrand its range of all-natural sugar-free chocolates to extend its mainstream appeal and increase the prominence of the brand message
Since selling its consumer units over the last few years, business-to-business chocolate maker Barry Callebaut has been treading a new path focused on its "core" business with industrial and artisanal customers. Michelle Russell caught up with Barry Callebaut marketing director for Western Europe, Sofie De Lathouwer at this year's ISM confectionery show in Cologne to find out more about its strategy for growth.
Singapore-based confectioner Petra Foods has booked a fall in half-year profits thanks to currency fluctuation, although it said underlying earnings were higher.
Chocolate make Barry Callebaut is reportedly planning the closure of its Zaandam office in the Netherlands.
Hershey, Mars and Nestle - plus cocoa suppliers Barry Callebaut and Cargill - are among 12 companies to set up a new industry initiative to "accelerate" efforts to make farming in west Africa "more sustainable".
Barry Callebaut has booked an increase in first-half sales and earnings, boosted by the contribution of the cocoa business it acquired from Petra Foods last year.
Confectioners have gathered from all over the world to attend sector-specific trade show ISM in Cologne this week. Many companies are showcasing some of their most recent innovations, providing an indication of the latest trends in global confectionery markets. Here is a selection of some NPD that caught our eye.
Agri-giant Archer Daniels Midland Company plans to sell its global chocolate operations by the end of the third quarter, the company said this week.
The US agribusiness giant had been looking to sell its cocoa and chocolate businesses - and had been in discussions with a suitor (reported to be Cargill) over a deal - but there have been some developments.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- BRICs and beyond: E-tail in China
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants
- Arla takes stake in Brazilian dairy group Vigor
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- China - ISA Country Report
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape
- Ice Cream Market in Papua New Guinea: Databook to 2017
- Innovation Strategies: New techniques and best practice case studies in Food, Drink, and Personal Care