State-backed Chinese food giant Bright Food Co. continued to make progress with its "go global, bring in" ambition when it acquired a majori...
Toward the end of last week Kellogg, Weetabix and Associated British Foods were all named as potential suitors looking to buy UK cereal bran...
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
Hershey, long criticised for the slow speed with which it entered faster-growing confectionery markets, has seen sales jump in China in rece...
Nestle came under investor scrutiny last week after its sales missed analyst expectations - with China a central factor. Elsewhere, we looked at the international strategy of one of China's largest food makers - Bright Food - in the wake of its acquisition of Italian olive oil firm Salov. And we spoke to the president of US investment firm BBX Capital after six acquisitions in the US confectionery sector in a year.
Chinese food giant Bright Food is reportedly preparing to take full control of UK cereal business Weetabix.
just-food reported direct from the annual IGD industry convention in London this week, with a leading light in the grocery retail sector ruffling a few feathers with comments about manufacturers and retailers. Elsewhere, China's Bright Food made its latest deal in Europe, with the acquisition of Filippo Berio olive oil owner Salov and we interviewed the CEO of Finsbury Food Group after the UK baker announced a move for local peer Fletchers Group.
Bright Food Group has acquired a "majority" stake in Italian olive oil manufacturer Salov Group from the founding Fontana family.
Blackstone Group and PAI Partners have reportedly shortlisted three potential buyers as they look to exit their investment in UK Jacob's and McVitie's maker United Biscuits.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide