Toward the end of last week Kellogg, Weetabix and Associated British Foods were all named as potential suitors looking to buy UK cereal bran...
Investment is flowing into and from the world's emerging markets, as two transactions involving US firms Smithfield Foods and McCormick & Co...
Hershey, long criticised for the slow speed with which it entered faster-growing confectionery markets, has seen sales jump in China in rece...
In recent months, Danone has come under scrutiny for the performance of its fresh dairy operations in Europe. However, in spite of - or perh...
Chinese state-owned food giant Bright Food Group has inked a co-operation agreement with Irish produce group Keelings in a bid to tighten supply chain security.
Associated British Foods is understood to have entered an agreement to acquire up-market cereal brand Dorset Cereals.
Japan's Mizkan Group got out the chequebook again this week, with the acquisition of Unilever's North American pasta sauces business. The deal followed its 2012 purchases of brands including Branston and Haywards from Premier Foods in the UK. Elsewhere, we ran interviews with the CEOs of UK pork processor and dairy group Adams Foods.
China's Bright Food, which owns a controlling interest in UK cereal maker Weetabix, has confirmed the acquisition of a majority stake in Israeli food company Tnuva.
Weetabix has announced plans to cut staff pay and hours in the UK, a reaction believed to be prompted by increasing pressure from supermarket own brands and discount food retailers.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods