Campofrio Food Group
Spanish food group Campofrio has experienced a successful year to date as the group's strategy of investing in and building power brands begins to pay off. As part of our SIAL just the answer series, Michelle Russell caught up with Campofrio's director of route-to-market development Luis Fernandes to talk about domestic economic challenges, key focus areas for the company and its strategy for growth.
Spain-based meats group Campofrio has booked a half-year loss but claimed it was on the right track after seeing sales and EBITDA increase year-on-year.
A new chief executive has been appointed at Campofrio days after a deal was struck that is set to see Mexico's Sigma Alimentos and China's Shuanghui International take joint control of the Spanish meat group.
Spain-based meats group Campofrio is to be jointly controlled by Mexican food manufacturer Sigma Alimentos and China's Shuanghui International.
Chinese pork group Shuanghui International has remained coy over reports it is planning a bid for Spanish meat processor Campofrio.
All three bidders for Australian dairy Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory tabled revised offers this week - with the takeover target still backing Canada's Saputo. Meanwhile, Mexican food group Sigma has made a move for Spanish meats firm Campofrio. And our latest just-food interview saw Orkla CEO Age Korsvold talk about the Nordic group's plans for FMCG.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- General Mills plans to close two US plants