In such a price-focused environment, manufacturers will need to find innovative ways to grow in 2015. Data, IRI's Anne Lefranc argues, will...
Against a backdrop of weak consumer confidence and falling prices, four of France's leading four retailers have, in two deals, decided to te...
Carrefour's move to exit India underlines the ongoing challenges international retailers and food manufacturers face in the market where res...
It is clear Carrefour has made some improvement under the stewardship of CEO Georges Plassat but more work needs to be done, writes Dean Bes...
Ambitious dairy-free chocolate maker Moo Free aims to "dominate" the world market for dairy-free milk chocolate by expanding in new markets and increasing its exposure to the supermarket channel.
James Lambert, CEO of UK-based R&R Ice Cream, has suggested the company's plan to buy local rival Fredericks Dairies will give retailers a "real alternative" to market leader Unilever.
French retailers are lining up to show their support for the introduction of a national charter for responsible supplier relations.
Major suppliers operating in France will lose money from the two buying partnership deals announced by four of the country's largest grocers, a senior executive at dairy group Bongrain has said.
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging areas of growth in developed and developing markets.
Carrefour's Greek franchisee Marinopoulos has announced its intention to acquire 42 stores of the Larisa Super Market chain.
France's Carrefour is reportedly in talks with Bharti Group over a potential joint venture in India.
On Monday (30 December), India's foreign investment watchdog reportedly cleared Tesco's move to become the first overseas retailer to run multi-brand retail outlets. Industry watchers are now looking to see which other multinational could follow in the UK grocer's footsteps.
The World Retail Congress kicked off in earnest yesterday (7 October) in Paris, with emerging markets and the rise of omnichannel shopping hot issues.
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi AS in Retaili
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi aims to increase its share in Turkey by offering high-quality products at reasonable prices. To this end, the company aims to increase its presence throu...
Carrefour in Spain: Local Profile, 2013
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Spain. Introduction and Landscape Why was the repo...
Carrefour in India: Local Profile, 2013
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in India....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia