Carrefour's move to exit India underlines the ongoing challenges international retailers and food manufacturers face in the market where res...
It is clear Carrefour has made some improvement under the stewardship of CEO Georges Plassat but more work needs to be done, writes Dean Bes...
Carrefour's 2013 results came in above market expectations, with analysts praising the French retail giant's work in recent years, particula...
Ocado chief executive Tim Steiner has said the UK online retailer is still looking to further develop licencing deals with larger retailers,...
Ambitious dairy-free chocolate maker Moo Free aims to "dominate" the world market for dairy-free milk chocolate by expanding in new markets and increasing its exposure to the supermarket channel.
James Lambert, CEO of UK-based R&R Ice Cream, has suggested the company's plan to buy local rival Fredericks Dairies will give retailers a "real alternative" to market leader Unilever.
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging areas of growth in developed and developing markets.
Carrefour's Greek franchisee Marinopoulos has announced its intention to acquire 42 stores of the Larisa Super Market chain.
France's Carrefour is reportedly in talks with Bharti Group over a potential joint venture in India.
Carrefour this morning (10 April) posted a mixed set of first-quarter sales that led to group revenue dropping almost 4%, although the decline met analyst expectations.
Indian political party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is expected to lead the country's next government, has said it plans to ban foreign supermarkets from entering its retail sector.
On Monday (30 December), India's foreign investment watchdog reportedly cleared Tesco's move to become the first overseas retailer to run multi-brand retail outlets. Industry watchers are now looking to see which other multinational could follow in the UK grocer's footsteps.
The World Retail Congress kicked off in earnest yesterday (7 October) in Paris, with emerging markets and the rise of omnichannel shopping hot issues.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape