Chile-based retailer Cencosud saw profits fall in 2013, although its earnings jumped in the fourth quarter.
Chilean retailer Cencosud has announced it will be investing less in expansion this year as it focuses on consolidating its Brazilian and Colombian operations.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has reported a fall in third-quarter earnings on the back of costs linked to recent acquisitions and to store openings, although sales increased.
The remains "a lot of potential" in Brazil if retailers are willing to invest, according to the country's largest retailer, CBD.
Chile-based retailer Cencosud has booked higher half-year sales but posted lower operating income from its supermarket stores and a fall in net profit on the back of costs from M&A and forex losses.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods