Chiquita Brands International
The imminent sale of Chiquita Brands International, the US produce giant, shows how different investment horizons can manifest on a company'...
Chiquita Brands International still appears set on its proposed merger with Fyffes – and the US produce giant is, at the moment, right to do...
Chiquita Brands International has rejected a takeover approach from Brazilian juice maker Cutrale Group and investment firm Safra Group in f...
First-quarter results continue to come in next week, with Cadbury owner Mondelez International among the companies reporting numbers to the...
Fresh produce companies are increasingly looking to develop their value-added offering in order to boost margins and Chiquita Brands International is no exception. Wouter Van Cauwenbergh, senior sales manager for the company's operations in the EMEA region, spoke to just-food about the company's ambition to develop a value-added consumer focused business.
Chiquita Brands International has reported steady third-quarter losses despite higher sales in the period.
After seven months, this week saw the uncertainty over Chiquita Brands International's future all but end with the US produce giant agreeing to a US$681m takeover bid from Brazil's Cutrale Group and Safra Group. Elsewhere, Danone announced moves to enter mass-market infant formula in China with an investment in local player Yashili International Holdings.
Chiquita Brands International's board has accepted the US$14.50-a-share takeover offer from Brazilian juice maker Cutrale Group and investment firm Safra Group.
Chiquita Brands International, which had lined up a merger with fellow banana supplier Fyffes, has become the subject of takeover interest from Brazilian firms Cutrale Group and Safra Group. And that interest is developing into a tussle for the future ownership of the US produce giant. just-food provides a digest of the most significant events so far.
Investors in Chiquita Brands International today (24 October) voted against the US produce giant's plan to merge with Ireland-based peer Fyffes.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report