As the dust settles after Cloetta's merger with Leaf, the company does face a battle eking out growth in its key markets. However, it has se...
Consumers must take on the increase in commodity costs faced at Swedish confectionery giant Cloetta, its chief executive insisted today (24...
"This transaction makes industrial and strategic sense." So said Leaf International CEO Bengt Baron when on Friday he announced the Swedish...
Cloetta announced plans to take control of Aran Candy, a company that manufactures up-market brand The Jelly Bean Factory, last week. Aran co-founder and MD Richard Cullen - who will continue to head up the business following the acquisition - tells just-food that he expects the change of ownership to take The Jelly Bean Factory's growth trajectory to the next level.
The end of a period of "massive" restructuring, higher margins and the contribution of acquisitions to the top line enabled Cloetta to book "markedly" improved operating earnings in the third quarter.
Cloetta CEO Bengt Baron today (18 July) told just-food the Sweden-based confectioner was ready to make more acquisitions - but was more likely to pounce in its existing markets than emerging economies.
Cloetta CEO Bengt Baron said today (18 July) the confectioner's efforts to drive growth was "delivering results" with profits heading "in the right direction" after the company reported its second-quarter results.
Cloetta is set to run the pick-and-mix stands at Sweden's second-largest grocer, Coop.
Several major deals were struck this week including ABF's buy of Dorset Cereals and Cloetta's acquisition of Aran. Pilgrim's Pride upped its bid for Hillshire Brands. Elsewhere Cloetta has been accused of using "sneaky" marketing tactics to sell its sugary Chewits product. Mondelez on the other hand pulled its Bar and a Half product in a bid to reduce per person calorie intake.
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- JBS sees big opportunity from Primo Smallgoods
- Regional start-ups aim to ride China's online boom
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Abraaj outbids Kellogg with fresh Bisco Misr offer