Unilever's third quarter underlying sales growth missed analyst expectations as the Hellmann's maker reported its spreads segment was still...
Arla Foods is wise to invest in its whey protein production capacity. However, the company is far from alone in pursuing this strategy, with...
Strategically, Dairy Crest's deals with fellow UK dairy group Fayrefield Foods and New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra to serve the global infa...
Dairy Crest has said that it sees cause for optimism at its struggling spreads business, thanks to improved efficiencies and optimism surrou...
Dairy Crest has said it has had a "transformational" year, characterised by an increased focus on its domestic business and a drive to boost efficiency. The company is now plotting a number of investments designed to grow both the top and bottom line. In a two-part just-food interview, Katy Askew spoke to CEO Mark Allen about how Dairy Crest is improving its cost base and shifting to higher margin products.
Through the sale of its French spreads business, Dairy Crest has worked itself into a position where it has cash to invest in the business. As we heard in part one of this two part interview, CEO Mark Allen is working to reduce the group's cost base and move its product mix up the value chain. But equally important is Dairy Crest's drive to get the top line moving. Katy Askew caught up with Allen to find out how the chief executive plans to achieve this.
Dairy Crest has unveiled plans to invest GBP4m (US$6.4m) in establishing a food innovation hub in partnership with Harper Adams University.
Dairy Crest is preparing to close two dairy facilities and cut its farmgate milk price as it looks to rein in costs amid "challenging" market conditions.
Dairy Crest has appointed Stephen Alexander chairman after Anthony Fry's illness led him to step down from the UK dairy group.
This week, Lindt & Sprungli announced it was stepping up its presence in the US with the acquisition of Russell Stover Candies. Hain Celestial bought the remaining share of the Hain Pure Protein joint venture and Grupo Bimbo revealed its plan to grow its presence in Ecuador with the acquisition of Supan. Elsewhere Mondelez announced it was splitting its cheese and grocery unit from the rest of the business. Here is the week in quotes.
Dairy Crest has announced it is pulling its blended seed-based spread Clover Seedburst off shelves after performance fell "behind expectations".
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report