UK pork group Cranswick this morning (20 April) booked an increase in adjusted annual earnings and in sales. Profits exceeded analysts' expe...
The UK pork sector hit the headlines when Dutch food group Vion announced plans to exit the market. The sudden withdrawal of a major player...
Danish Crown is grappling with a world meat market marked by the Russian import ban and weaker European demand. In response, the Danish co-operative plans to use its global footprint, on the one hand, while capitalising on growth areas such as increasing consumer interest in organics, on the other. Katy Askew spoke to Henrik Biilmann, MD of Danish Crown's organic arm Friland, to find out more.
Tulip, the UK arm of pork giant Danish Crown, is most associated closely with its bacon products. However, over the past three years the group has evolved into a more broad-based food company. Jonathan Barbet, commercial manager at Tulip UK, talks to just-food about this development, the benefits that it brings and where Tulip sees future growth.
Meat processor Tulip, the UK arm of Danish Crown, has announced a GBP8m (US$13m) investment at its Ruskington plant in Lincolnshire.
Pork manufacturer Danish Crown has announced it has started exports to Nepal.
Meat giant Danish Crown has decided to move deboning from a site in Denmark to a plant in the UK.
Hitting headlines this week was the bidding war for Hillshire Brands which saw Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride both go head to head. Elsewhere, Peters Food Group was acquired by R&R Ice Cream, while Nestle and Fonterra issued a statement saying they were scaling back their Latin American partnership. Also this week, Synlait Milk announced it was revising its 2014 earnings outlook and Danish Crown announced 190 jobs would go as it chose to close its Bornholm slaughterhouse.
Danish Crown has confirmed the closure of an abattoir in Bornholm with the loss of 190 jobs.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Mondelez evaluating Oreo production in Morocco
- Supermarkets in China
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report