For US and European companies exporting products to Russia, the operating environment has been challenging to say the least. Recent comments...
UK pork group Cranswick this morning (20 April) booked an increase in adjusted annual earnings and in sales. Profits exceeded analysts' expe...
The UK pork sector hit the headlines when Dutch food group Vion announced plans to exit the market. The sudden withdrawal of a major player...
Danish Crown is grappling with a world meat market marked by the Russian import ban and weaker European demand. In response, the Danish co-operative plans to use its global footprint, on the one hand, while capitalising on growth areas such as increasing consumer interest in organics, on the other. Katy Askew spoke to Henrik Biilmann, MD of Danish Crown's organic arm Friland, to find out more.
Tulip, the UK arm of pork giant Danish Crown, is most associated closely with its bacon products. However, over the past three years the group has evolved into a more broad-based food company. Jonathan Barbet, commercial manager at Tulip UK, talks to just-food about this development, the benefits that it brings and where Tulip sees future growth.
Denmark-based meat co-operative Danish Crown is to acquire a majority stake in Swedish slaughterhouse Dalsjöfors Slakteri.
Tulip, the UK arm of Danish Crown, aims to grow its presence in discount, independent and wholesale channels through its Plumrose canned meat and meals range.
Danish Crown and Westfleisch are forming West Crown, a joint venture for the boning and sale of sow meat.
Last week, just-food was live at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference, where some of the largest industry names including Nestle, Strauss and Danone provided business updates. Elsewhere, Mars confirmed plans to invest in a Snickers production plant in India. Rumours were also rife General Mills was looking to offload its Green Giant business. Here is the week in quotes.
Danish Crown has announced plans to cut capacity at a facility in Denmark, a move that is likely to affect 280 staff.
Danish Crown Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profil
Canadean's "Danish Crown Group: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ove...
Global Meat Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2014
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during February 2014....
Chilled & Deli Food in Europe
Chilled & Deli Food in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contain...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia