UK pork group Cranswick this morning (20 April) booked an increase in adjusted annual earnings and in sales. Profits exceeded analysts' expe...
The UK pork sector hit the headlines when Dutch food group Vion announced plans to exit the market. The sudden withdrawal of a major player...
Tulip, the UK arm of pork giant Danish Crown, is most associated closely with its bacon products. However, over the past three years the group has evolved into a more broad-based food company. Jonathan Barbet, commercial manager at Tulip UK, talks to just-food about this development, the benefits that it brings and where Tulip sees future growth.
Pork manufacturer Danish Crown has announced it has started exports to Nepal.
Meat giant Danish Crown has decided to move deboning from a site in Denmark to a plant in the UK.
Hitting headlines this week was the bidding war for Hillshire Brands which saw Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride both go head to head. Elsewhere, Peters Food Group was acquired by R&R Ice Cream, while Nestle and Fonterra issued a statement saying they were scaling back their Latin American partnership. Also this week, Synlait Milk announced it was revising its 2014 earnings outlook and Danish Crown announced 190 jobs would go as it chose to close its Bornholm slaughterhouse.
Danish Crown has confirmed the closure of an abattoir in Bornholm with the loss of 190 jobs.
This week we returned from Vietnam after exploring the country's dairy sector. Russia hit the headlines once again as its EU pork ban weighed heavy on Danish Crown's list of woes, and its ongoing battle with Ukrainian confectioner over seized assets continued. Win-wise, Wilmar celebrated after a revised takeover bid for Goodman Fielder was accepted and elsewhere Bon-Bon Buddies secured a UK distribution deal with Italian confectioner Zaini. Here is the week in quotes.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning