General Mills' move for Annie's has further fuelled the belief US natural and organic food companies, including Hain Celestial and WhiteWave...
Food manufacturers seem to be willing to take more risks on NPD, which is encouraging after seeing years of caution and a focus on nostalgia...
Read the financial statements and listen to the conference calls from US food manufacturers in recent days and it is clear: companies operat...
Dean Foods said an expected increased savings in the fourth quarter and into 2014 will help offset volume deleveraging from its lost busines...
WhiteWave Foods, the US-based organic and natural foods specialist, was spun off from dairy giant Dean Foods last year. Deanna Bratter, senior manager of corporate sustainability at WhiteWave, spoke with Ben Cooper about the company's approach to sustainability as an independent operation.
Alpro has had three owners in four years but one executive that has been at the company throughout is CEO Bernard Deryckere. He talks to Dean Best about the success Alpro, now owned by US firm WhiteWave Foods, has had with the recent expansion of its product portfolio.
Alpro and Silk owner WhiteWave Foods today (10 November) lifted its forecasts for 2014 sales and underlying earnings per share after reporting a "record" third quarter.
Dean Foods has seen its share price jump today (10 November) after the US dairy group beat third-quarter analyst expectations and guided to an improved fourth-quarter performance.
After General Mills' move to buy Annie's, M&A advisor Stefan Kirk took to just-food's pages to argue Lifeway Foods could be a takeover target for Danone. General Mills, meanwhile, battling to improve the performance of its US business revealed it will close two plants. And we took a look at the most eye-catching products being showcased at the Natural Products Expo East show in Baltimore.
US food groups General Mills and ConAgra Foods were under scrutiny this week with both reporting first-quarter results. WhiteWave Foods, the US natural and organic specialist, struck a deal to buy dairy-free brand So Delicious, while Thai seafood giant Thai Union Frozen Products made its second acquisition in Europe in a matter of weeks. Meanwhile, we spoke to the CEO of Wise Foods about his plans to grow the US snacks business.
Dean Foods has reported a second-quarter loss - and warned of another loss in the third quarter in 2014 - as the US milk supplier battles "volatile" commodity costs.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report