A trademark row between Ireland's Kerry Group and local retailer Dunnes Stores has broken out over Kerry's Cheestrings product.
Discounters Aldi and Lidl continue to set the pace in Irish grocery retailing, according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
The UK's Food Standards Agency has insisted the traceability systems in place to track ingredients down the supply chain are proving robust as it works to uncover how undeclared horse meat made its way onto frozen beef products.
Irish retailer Dunnes Stores has enjoyed its best sales growth figures for four years, according to according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
Tesco plans to introduce DNA tests on all its meat products in the wake of the horse meat scandal, an affair that has led the UK retailer to drop one of the suppliers at the centre of the contamination.
Mixed Retailers in Ireland
Ireland’s department stores continued to struggle during 2013 in the face of falling consumer demand and lower footfall, which resulted in department stores declining in current value by 5% and mixed...
Retailing in Ireland
During 2013, Ireland’s retailing industry continued to suffer the after effects of the economic recession which prevailed in the country for much of the review period. Consumer spending remains constr...
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Interview: FrieslandCampina eyes Gulf expansion
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Aryzta buys 49% of French retailer Picard
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus