| 21 Jan 2013
Retailers in the UK and Ireland faced some difficult questions last week, when it emerged that horse and pig DNA had been discovered in beefburgers and "beef" ready meals.
| 1 Dec 2014
A trademark row between Ireland's Kerry Group and local retailer Dunnes Stores has broken out over Kerry's Cheestrings product.
| 29 Apr 2013
Discounters Aldi and Lidl continue to set the pace in Irish grocery retailing, according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
| 11 Feb 2013
The UK's Food Standards Agency has insisted the traceability systems in place to track ingredients down the supply chain are proving robust as it works to uncover how undeclared horse meat made its way onto frozen beef products.
| 4 Feb 2013
Irish retailer Dunnes Stores has enjoyed its best sales growth figures for four years, according to according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
| 30 Jan 2013
Tesco plans to introduce DNA tests on all its meat products in the wake of the horse meat scandal, an affair that has led the UK retailer to drop one of the suppliers at the centre of the contamination.
| 16 Jan 2013
The discovery of horse meat in beefburgers sold by Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Iceland and Dunnes Stores in the UK and Ireland has sent shock waves through the industry. While the retailers have been quick to pull affected products and launch investigations into how the horse meat made its way into the supply chain, it seems likely that the issue has the potential to undermine public confidence in prepared meat products.
| 16 Jan 2013
Tesco has recalled some ranges of burgers in Ireland and the UK after food safety officials reported finding traces of horse meat in samples on sale in its stores, as well as in other retailers' outlets.
| 27 Nov 2012
Irish retailer Dunnes Stores is reportedly facing a possible winding up of the company over its alleged failure to honour a EUR21.6m (US$27.9m) bill for building works at a shopping centre.
| 12 Dec 2011
Irish retailer SuperValu has grown faster than the country's grocery market for the first time since March, according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
| 18 Oct 2011
Discount retailers in Ireland continue to thrive as shoppers show no sign of loosening their purse strings, according to the latest grocery market figures from Kantar Worldpanel.
| 6 Jun 2011
Dunnes Stores has gained share of Ireland's grocery market for the first time in almost two years, according to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel.
| 11 Apr 2011
Irish consumers are buying fewer groceries in a response to food price inflation, according to the latest Kantar Worldpanel numbers.
| 14 Feb 2011
Customers are shifting towards value products in Ireland as they continue to make cutbacks, according to the latest figures from Kantar Worldpanel.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020