The recent sale of Italian unit Trentinalatte confirms growth through acquisition is not something Emmi is always successful at. Would, Stef...
Emmi's move to sell Italian yoghurt business Trentinalatte, announced this morning (6 October), was the latest example of the challenges fac...
Emmi announced yesterday (9 April) it has acquired Swiss speciality cheese maker Käserei Studer. While the majority of Käserei Studer's sale...
Swiss dairy group Emmi is investing in building its presence overseas by upping its stake in two European dairy firms - France's Diprola and...
Emmi is preparing to make more international acquisitions as it looks to generate 50% of its sales from overseas, the Swiss dairy group told just-food today (27 March).
Swiss dairy group Emmi has this year pressed on with its plans to expand overseas and rely less on a stagnant domestic sector. At the SIAL 2012 industry expo in Paris, Dean Best met Matthias Kunz, head of Emmi's international business, to discuss the company's latest investments, including its decision to take a majority stake in Spanish dairy Kaiku.
Nestle came under investor scrutiny last week after its sales missed analyst expectations - with China a central factor. Elsewhere, we looked at the international strategy of one of China's largest food makers - Bright Food - in the wake of its acquisition of Italian olive oil firm Salov. And we spoke to the president of US investment firm BBX Capital after six acquisitions in the US confectionery sector in a year.
just-food reported direct from the annual IGD industry convention in London this week, with a leading light in the grocery retail sector ruffling a few feathers with comments about manufacturers and retailers. Elsewhere, China's Bright Food made its latest deal in Europe, with the acquisition of Filippo Berio olive oil owner Salov and we interviewed the CEO of Finsbury Food Group after the UK baker announced a move for local peer Fletchers Group.
This week, Emmi flogged its Italian Trentilatte yoghurt business, while Kellogg sold the Loma Linda brand to Atlantic Natural Foods. Elsewhere, UK baker Finsbury Food Group moved to buy local peer Fletchers Group, while US private-equity firm BBX Capital made its second confectionery acquisition in a week. At the annual IGD Convention in London, UK retail veteran Andrew Higginson caused a stir by hitting out at the country's grocers.
Emmi, the Swiss dairy group, has decided to sell its under-pressure Italian yoghurt arm Trentinalatte.
Fonterra this week made a significant move to boost its business in China, a market that has been problematic for the world's largest dairy exporter. We analysed the group's latest foray, a venture with infant formula producer Beingmate. Elsewhere, dairy dominated our coverage, with news of Parmalat closing in on an acquisition in Brazil and Emmi's surprise profit warning. Canadian dairy giant Agropur also featured on our interview pages, when CEO Robert Coallier sat down with us to discuss the co-op's recent M&A.
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report