Nomad Holdings, the recently-established, UK-listed company set up by FMCG veterans Martin Franklin and Noam Gottesman to buy consumer goods...
The debate over what form front-of-pack nutrition labels should take in the UK has taken a significant stride to being closed, with over 60%...
Nestle has dismissed suggestions its days of "easy gains" in emerging markets are over as the group recorded what one analyst described as "...
In an sector in which profit margins are wafer thin, with retail pressure bearing down on manufacturers and manufacturers bearing down on th...
Quorn Foods, the UK-based meat-free group, is enjoying a period of robust sales growth in the UK - but the business, owned by Exponent Private Equity, has international ambitions. In part two of the latest just-food interview, CEO Kevin Brennan discusses the company's overseas performance and prospects.
South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its earnings forecast and said it was on the look-out for more M&A. UK meat group Cranswick reported mixed annual results.
Unilever was this week the first major food group to announce results for 2014 - a mixed year - and CEO Paul Polman admitted the company had slow in reacting to changes in consumer demands on spreads. The chief executive of Lifeway Foods told just-food the US culture dairy products group was - contrary to reports - not in talks to sell the business.
Findus Group today (20 January) insisted there is "no sale process underway" for its UK business after speculation its shareholders are preparing to sell its business in the country.
This week, Chobani refuted claims its CEO Hamdi Ulukaya is being pushed out of his position. Elsewhere, Tesco outlined a new strategy expected to have a profound impact on the companies that supply the retailer. Findus acquired Nestle's Spanish frozen food business La Cocinera and HKScan announced it was axing 95 jobs across two of its sites in Denmark. Here is the week in quotes
Findus Group has said its planned acquisition of Nestle's Spanish frozen ready meals unit, La Cocinera, will double the size of its business in the country.
Findus SA in Packaged Food (Spain)
In 2013 and 2014, Findus España SLU has been working hard to consolidate its brands Findus, Frudesa and Salto. In addition, the company has diversified its business, entering new categories where the...
Frozen Food in Europe
Frozen Food in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
Frozen Food in France
Frozen Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)