The debate over what form front-of-pack nutrition labels should take in the UK has taken a significant stride to being closed, with over 60%...
Nestle has dismissed suggestions its days of "easy gains" in emerging markets are over as the group recorded what one analyst described as "...
In an sector in which profit margins are wafer thin, with retail pressure bearing down on manufacturers and manufacturers bearing down on th...
Quorn Foods, the UK-based meat-free group, is enjoying a period of robust sales growth in the UK - but the business, owned by Exponent Private Equity, has international ambitions. In part two of the latest just-food interview, CEO Kevin Brennan discusses the company's overseas performance and prospects.
2 Sisters Food Group has announced the appointment of former Findus Group CFO Stephen Leadbeater to the position of group CFO.
The Dutch trader suspected of being at the heart of last year's horsemeat scandal has been charged by authorities in France.
Tesco this week outlined plans for a fresh offensive to try to revitalise UK sales. Meanwhile, The Co-operative Group, which has faced its own issues in recent months, announced it was considering the sale of its farm business as CEO Euan Sutherland looks to reshape the mutual. In the US, PepsiCo once again reiterated it is not keen on splitting the company in two, while Hershey, Mars and Nestle breathed a sigh of relief after the price-fixing case it was tied up in was kicked out of court. Here is the week in quotes.
Frozen food giant Findus Group has snapped up the Belgian retail business of Lutosa as part of the EU's clearance of McCain Foods' acquisition of the potato products supplier.
Frozen food firm Findus Group has appointed William Showalter as its CFO.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Jobs set to go at 2 Sisters plants
- UK group Symington's eyes Australia growth