Finsbury Food Group
As the pressures of weak consumer spending continues and major UK retailers embark on a promotional war to win shoppers, the lowly loaf of b...
With spring in the air, food makers in Europe and the US seemed in buoyant mood this week. Finland’s Fazer Group claimed “more confidence” i...
Earlier this year UK baker Finsbury Food Group offloaded its gluten-free bread business to venture partner Genius Foods. However, Finsbury, which makes cakes for brands under licence and for UK retailers, still sees potential in bread and today announced plans to significantly increase capacity. Michelle Russell spoke to CEO John Duffy.
UK gluten-free specialist Genius Foods has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception three years ago. Genius has become a leader in the UK's fast-growing gluten-free sector and is set on expanding its presence further. As part of this drive, it plans to buy out venture partner Finsbury Food Group. Michelle Russell spoke with Genius's CEO Roz Cuschieri.
Finsbury Food Group expects to beat City expectations for annual profits thanks to an improvement in sales in the second half of the year and the impact of cost cuts.
UK cake maker Finsbury Food Group has appointed Peter Baker, a former executive at companies including Maple Leaf Foods and RHM, as its chairman.
Finsbury Food Group has booked an increase in first-half profits, which were boosted by the disposal of the group's free-from business and subsequent restructuring efforts.
Finsbury Food Group, the UK baker, has more than doubled its full-year earnings, boosted by the sale of its free-from business earlier this year.
Finsbury Food Group, the UK baker, has said it expect profits to be "significantly" ahead of expectations for its full-year.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Why exporters still see opportunities in Japan
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz