Finsbury Food Group
As the pressures of weak consumer spending continues and major UK retailers embark on a promotional war to win shoppers, the lowly loaf of b...
With spring in the air, food makers in Europe and the US seemed in buoyant mood this week. Finland’s Fazer Group claimed “more confidence” i...
Earlier this year UK baker Finsbury Food Group offloaded its gluten-free bread business to venture partner Genius Foods. However, Finsbury, which makes cakes for brands under licence and for UK retailers, still sees potential in bread and today announced plans to significantly increase capacity. Michelle Russell spoke to CEO John Duffy.
UK gluten-free specialist Genius Foods has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception three years ago. Genius has become a leader in the UK's fast-growing gluten-free sector and is set on expanding its presence further. As part of this drive, it plans to buy out venture partner Finsbury Food Group. Michelle Russell spoke with Genius's CEO Roz Cuschieri.
Finsbury Food Group expects to beat City expectations for annual profits thanks to an improvement in sales in the second half of the year and the impact of cost cuts.
UK cake maker Finsbury Food Group has appointed Peter Baker, a former executive at companies including Maple Leaf Foods and RHM, as its chairman.
Finsbury Food Group has booked an increase in first-half profits, which were boosted by the disposal of the group's free-from business and subsequent restructuring efforts.
Finsbury Food Group, the UK baker, has more than doubled its full-year earnings, boosted by the sale of its free-from business earlier this year.
Finsbury Food Group, the UK baker, has said it expect profits to be "significantly" ahead of expectations for its full-year.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious