The private-equity owners of Hostess Brands are, according to reports, mulling a sale, just a year after buying the US snacks business. Ther...
Shares in US bakery group Flowers Foods sank yesterday after it cut its earnings forecast for 2014 - but the company immediately sought to s...
Flowers Foods, the second-largest bakery group in the US, has been an active consolidator in the industry and the group remains on the hunt....
Read the financial statements and listen to the conference calls from US food manufacturers in recent days and it is clear: companies operat...
Flowers Foods, the US baker, downgraded its sales and earnings forecasts for the full year as declining volumes weighed on the top line.
Five months ago, Chiquita Brands International announced plans to merge with fellow banana supplier Fyffes. The deal was set to close by the end of the year. However, this week, an unsolicited takeover bid came in for Chiquita, which promptly rejected the offer. However, the suitors have indicated they may not go away easily. Elsewhere, our coverage of Russia's food embargo continued, we looked in-depth at the opportunities for growth in Japan in our latest management briefing and, in a new M&A column, we suggested Raisio sell up to private equity.
This week, Chiquita Brands International was in the limelight as it received an unsolicited takeover bid from Brazilian juice maker Cutrale Group. Elsewhere, ConAgra Foods announced the closure of two popcorn factories in Ohio, and Campbell Soup Co.'s Plum Baby business announced its exit from the UK. just-food's management briefing series took a trip to Japan to see how food companies can succeed in a low-growth market.
Shares in Flowers Foods tumbled today (12 August) after the US bakery group cuts its forecasts for annual sales and earnings.
US baked goods firm Flowers Foods has promoted Bradley Alexander as chief operating officer.
Flowers Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
Flowers Foods, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
Flowers Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Prof
Synopsis Canadean's "Flowers Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile...
Flowers Foods, Inc. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partners
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019