Drinking milk consumption in Indonesia lags neighbouring countries in Asia. However, demographic drivers and growing consumer awareness arou...
Put next to China, there has been far less investment in India's dairy sector, which is not as developed as in its BRIC counterpart. However...
International infant formula manufacturers are adjusting their business practices in China having been found guilty of price fixing. Multina...
Chinese regulators have launched an anti-trust investigation into the infant formula sector in the country and under pressure from the autho...
After Arla Foods booked a jump in sales last year - pointing to the performance of its "growth markets" outside the EU - the dairy giant has rolled out plans to further expand its operations outside Europe. just-food's Hannah Abdulla caught up Rasmus Malmbak Kjeldsen, director of operations for Arla's business in the Middle East and Africa to find out what the company has planned for the region.
FrieslandCampina had something of a challenging year in 2013. During the period, the group's European business proved a sticking point as a goodwill adjustment associated with economic turbulence in the region hit the bottom line. However, strip out one-time charges and CFO Kees Gielen insists the firm is on the right track. Speaking to Hannah Abdulla in part-two of the just-food interview, Gielen highlighted the underlying strength of the business.
Olam International has sold its Cote d'Ivoire dairy plant to FrieslandCampina in a US$18.7m deal.
This week, the EU announced more measures to help out dairy farmers hit by the Russia ban. Chiquita and Fyffes insisted again a merger between the two would be the best outcome for shareholders. Our latest just-food interview saw us discuss Agropur's M&A strategy with the Canadian dairy co-op's CEO, while we chatted to Scandinavian free-from firm Fria about its expansion across Europe.
Dutch dairy giant FrieslandCampina has reported a fall in half-year profits, hit by a high milk price paid to its members, a strong euro and falling sales in Asia.
A fire that broke out at FrieslandCampina's cheese manufacturing facility in the Netherlands yesterday has still not been contained, the dairy giant has told just-food.
Dutch dairy group FrieslandCampina is to set up three "dairy zones" in Vietnam that it says will support production in a fast-growing market.
Chinese regulators have reportedly rebuffed the wide-spread suggestion that it targeted foreign infant formula companies through its competition probe into infant formula pricing.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape