Pinnacle Foods, owner of Wishbone dressings, has been shopping and has picked out a firm that is going to bulk out its presence in the froze...
Some of the largest food manufacturers in the US have been sluggish to react to a consumer-led revolution around attitudes to health,wellnes...
Companies including Nestle, General Mills and Mondelez International this week extended voluntary restrictions on how they market food to ch...
General Mills' move for Annie's has further fuelled the belief US natural and organic food companies, including Hain Celestial and WhiteWave...
Greek dairy manufacturer Fage is eyeing growth in Europe as the Greek yoghurt craze in the US loses steam. Katy Askew caught up with the company at the SIAL exhibition in Paris to find out more.
Ben & Jerry's is supporting the campaign to introduce GMO labelling in the US. Unlike the majority of conventional US food manufacturers, the Unilever-owned ice cream maker is also throwing its weight behind the introduction of such legislation on a state-by-state basis. Katy Askew spoke to Ben & Jerry's social mission activism manager Chris Miller to find out more.
Danone, General Mills and Chobani have been accused of "misleading parents" looking for healthier foods into buying yoghurts "loaded with sugar and containing a myriad of questionably safe artificial sweeteners, colours and emulsifiers".
This week, we published interviews with senior executives from Brazilian food giant BRF as it embarks on international expansion. Elsewhere, staff at United Biscuits' Aintree factory in Liverpool pushed forward with strike action and Finnish group Raisio secured control of Benecol in the UK, Ireland and Belgium.
General Mills has lowered its forecasts for annual sales and earnings, blaming "continued weak food industry trends" in the US and "slowing growth" in key emerging markets.
General Mills is looking to tap into consumer interest in the US in so-called "ancient grains" with an addition to its Cheerios range.
Annie's, the US organic food maker set to be acquired by General Mills, has launched a "grass-fed" macaroni and cheese line, targeting consumers interested in animal welfare.
Nestle has secured prime-shelf space in the UK for its gluten-free cereal appeasing a growing army of gluten-free dieters.
With sales under pressure and margins precarious, PepsiCo should sell off its Quaker North America business, Jefferies analysts argued today (16 October).
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report