Grocery Manufacturers Association
The GMO debate has again taken centre stage in the US, with Vermont becoming the first state to require the labelling of genetically modifie...
Having witnessed an unprecedented level of discussion in the US over the past year or so, the labelling of genetically modified foods is set...
At first it appeared the villain of the piece with the launch of its Alert Energy Caffeine Gum, which prompted an FDA review of caffeine in...
just-food does not shy away from commenting on the major developments and issues in the industry and this year its focus centred on issues f...
Ben & Jerry's is supporting the campaign to introduce GMO labelling in the US. Unlike the majority of conventional US food manufacturers, the Unilever-owned ice cream maker is also throwing its weight behind the introduction of such legislation on a state-by-state basis. Katy Askew spoke to Ben & Jerry's social mission activism manager Chris Miller to find out more.
The Grocery Manufacturers Association, which represents US food companies, has just published a report highlighting achievements in environmental sustainability by its members. Ben Cooper spoke with GMA sustainability director Meghan Stasz about the initiatives and the potential for further progress.
This week shares dipped in both Premier Foods and ConAgra Foods after the firms said they were likely to miss earnings forecasts for their respective quarters. Elsewhere, PepsiCo and Mondelez both showed their commitment to R&D through the opening of new facilities. Danone debuted its desserts range in the US, but in the UK was in hot water with the advertising watchdog who claimed its Nutricia Growing Up Milk ad implied the health of kids that didn't consume the product would suffer. Here is the week in quotes
US food industry groups have filed a lawsuit in Vermont in a bid to overturn a new law requiring manufacturers to label products made using genetically modified ingredients.
The US government today (27 February) set out plans to change the Nutrition Facts labels on food and beverages sold in the country.
Non-GMO Grape-Nuts Original cereal will be available in US stores this month, Post Holdings has revealed.
Last week saw the question of whether regulators or industry should take the lead in promoting good nutrition come to the fore, when US policy makers signalled that they could be preparing a clamp-down on "unsafe" trans fats.
US food manufacture B&G Foods has joined the campaign for non-GMO by relaunching a non-GMO version of its spreadable fruit Polaner All Fruit.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape